List:       kde
Subject:    RE: InstallShield for KDE?
From:       "Timothy R. Butler" <kde () uninetsolutions ! com>
Date:       1999-11-08 23:19:07

> >  First off I fell really bad for you, Germany (that is were you live,
> > right?) has astronomical rates for driving lessons vs. the
> States from what
> > I gather. :-)
> We also have no speed limit on our Autobahnen (not everywhere). See the
> analogy? More effort first, faster afterwards.

 Good point. We only get to go 70 mph (err... I suppose I should convert
that to metric, however it isn't an important enough thing to do so)...

> > Back to Unix, if it isn't cryptic, then the only thing that is
> > would be running a computer talking in Binary...
> BUULLSHIT
> I know Linux so much better than Windows... No secrets. All the
> customizing I
> want.

 I don't understand what I'm not saying clearly - I'm not say that Windows
is more powerful. I'm not saying Windows is better. I'm not saying that
Windows is more customizable. I'm saying Windows (and MacOS, and I assume
BeOS) are _EASIER_. That is, point... click... go. I like Linux's
customization too, however a newbie would just like to get online, print
some stuff, etc.
 Very true on the point above, however I think in the IT world, they don't
need all that power. We might, RMS and Linus might, etc. But an IT manager
just wants to avoid having to teach people any more than they must (IMO).

  Best,
     Tim

Timothy R. Butler
Internet Solutions Consultant
Universal Networks
Christian Web Services Since 1996.
webadmin@uninetsolutions.com
An Authorized Ipswitch Reseller.
Visit us on the web at:
  http://www.uninetsolutions.com

Check out our new Unistore featuring books
from Amazon.com and Ipswitch software at
uninetsolutions.com/unistore!