List:       kde
Subject:    cursor controls in KDE
From:       "J.Kremers" <J.Kremers () let ! kun ! nl>
Date:       1999-11-02 10:58:08

Hi everyone,

I've posted this message last week on the kde-user list, so if you're
subscribed to that list, too, you can skip it. I'm posting it now on this
list on the off chance that someone who is not subscribed to the kde-user
list, knows an answer.

What is the difference between kde and kde-user, actually?

>I have a small but still annoying problem. Personally, I have no idea what
might be the cause and where to look for a solution. I hope someone else
does. Most editors and word processors support CRTL-HOME and CRTL-END to
get to the beginning/end of the text. However, when I run such a program
within KDE (1.1.1, with SuSE 6.2), these keys do not do anything. Instead,
I have to press CRTL-HOME-INSERT or CRTL-END-DELETE. When I use, say, Emacs
from the prompt (i.e., not in KDE/Xwindows), CRTL-HOME and CRTL-END work fine.
>  The problem is not restricted to one program: it occurs in WordPerfect,
Kwrite, XEmacs, Xdvi, GSView, LyX etc., so I guess it has something to do
with KDE/Xwindows.

thanks for any information,

Joost Kremers

Joost Kremers
University of Nijmegen - The Netherlands
Department of Languages and Cultures of the Middle-East
Erasmusplein 1
6525 HT Nijmegen - The Netherlands
phone: +31 24 3612996
fax: +31 24 3611972