List:       kde
Subject:    KDE 2.0 snapshots.......dated  October 6th...............weird things happening
From:       "Terry" <lawnman1 () soltec ! net>
Date:       1999-10-12 20:58:05

Hi all.  Just d/l and compiled the 19991006 snaps of KDE 2.0 (Support, Libs
and Base).  The compiles went just fine.  However, when KDE fires
up...............there are no desktop icons and it won't allow me to make
any either [complains that it MAY be a permission problem with kdesktop, but
I have checked that already].  Also konqueror refuses to show anyfiles at
all in the window panes. It will show html pages <ie> Slashdot..but nothing
else.  Could these glitches be linked to one another?  This has me really
stumped.  Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.  TIA