List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Lockup in KDE
From:       Bob Koss <rskoss () oma ! com>
Date:       1999-08-13 21:53:29

"Steven R. Hatfield" <shatfield@carolina.rr.com> writes:

> If no, then you've done something to KDE that it certainly doesn't like.
> Think very carefully about what you've done (keep a log of everything in a
> text file) and look at that log. If you've made a recent change that is
> causing your machine to lock up now, undo the change. Never modify a file
> from your installation without first making a copy of it to .orig.

Whatever the original poster did, I must have done the same thing
because KDE has be deteriorating on me over the last few days.

First my cdplayer quits playing music. Worked one day. Not the next.
Then Netscape started taking minutes to come up.

Now here's the really strange one....  clicking the mouse in a window
doesn't give it the keyboard focus! The title bar of the window
highlights, but when I type, the characters go to the last window I
was in!!  The only way to get the focus changed is to minimize the
term window and then restore it.

And finally, total lockup.

--

Robert Koss, Ph.D.  | Object Mentor, Inc.    | Tel: (800) 338-6716
Senior Consultant   | 14619 N Somerset Cr    | Fax: (847) 918-1023