List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [Re: Reboot Shutdown and Console?]
From:       "IronCode" <ironcode () bulnet ! bg>
Date:       1999-10-05 18:52:51

> I'm thinking of using xdm or kdm, but I do not want to start these when
root
> logs in.

Then you could just add "/usr/X11R6/bin/xdm" or "...kdm"to your
/etc/rc.d/rc.local script (or whatever init script you have). This way xdm
(or kdm) will start immediately after the system start, no logins are
required, and you still have all your text consoles.

That's the way it was on my machine (and probably will be again soon).