List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Kppp bombing out
From:       rveraa () netside ! net (R Veraa)
Date:       1999-09-29 13:18:46

In article <37EF3D7F.E276E9BB@tu-harburg.de>,
,Harri Porten <porten@tu-harburg.de> wrote:
>R Veraa wrote:
>>
>> So my login script has (what else?)
>>
>> EXPECT   ption: [M]
>> SEND     P
>> EXPECT   ontinue? [y]
>> SEND     y
>
>Looks good. Did you manually go trough to the login sequence with the
>terminal-based login method ?

Many times over the past five years.  The same response sequence works
perfectly in OS/2 (with Don Russell's PPPDIAL) in DOS (with NetTamer), and
in Win95 with MS's dialer).

>> But the ISP doesn't get the responses.  It responds with defaults as though
>> I'd just entered two carriage returns.
>
>Have you set the Line Termination to CR instead of CR/LF ? Other than

Where do you set that?

>that there might be an extranous CR character due to a bug in older
>versions of kppp. Which version are you using ?

Can't look it up as I'm in OS/2 right now (for reasons that should be
apparent), but it's the version bundled with RedHat 6.0.

>What you could try: "Expect" another string before "option" (e.g.
>"Enter") and put a "Pause 1" command in after that.

Tried that, but it didn't work.  I'll hunt for that Line Termination
thingie.

Thanks a lot.

TTFN, Rachel

rveraa@netside.net   | God: "Sum id quod sum."  Descartes: "Cogito ergo sum."