List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Backspace and Delete not working in 1.1.2
From:       Derek <fountai () hursley ! ibm ! com>
Date:       1999-09-23 6:56:58

> > Anyone else have any ideas why this is happening?  If it's important, the X
> > Server is Reflection X on NT Workstation 4.0.  The connection is XDCMP
> > Direct. Hope this helps.

> > > kfm,
> > >

> It may be your X server problem... What about native X (not KDE) apps,
> like xman's search string, or xedit?

I missed the start of this thread, but spotted the reference to
Reflection X on NT. I use Reflection X on NT to access AIX, and it can
be tricky to set up, but once it's going it normally works fine. There's
quite a complex keyboard setup system and the problem might be there.

Odd, though, that it works in some apps and not others. The original
poster should try running "xev" to see what keycodes the keys are
generating. That might shed some light...