List:       kde
Subject:    I must recompile KDE after install new compiler?
From:       "Rashid N. Achilov" <shelton () sentry ! granch ! ru>
Date:       1999-08-29 7:49:47

I download and install GCC-2.95.1. After install I must (don't know why)
manually create link from gcc295 to gcc and cc, from g++295 to g++ and
c++...But interest now. When I attempt compile with new GCC Kruizer-0.4
configure says "I cannot found Qt". "What is a MustDie!" think I "ever
start can be find Qt". Quick look at config.log and saw messages like
"/usr/lib/libsdtc++: cannot found some function". 3 times. I recompile Qt
with new compiler and configure found it, but not found KDE libraries (in
config.log I saw same lines). "Bull shit!" think I and begin recompile
KDE. kdesupport compile OK, but kdelibs in compile kdecore produce
many,many, MANY (600 kb text file) messages like "Symbol xxx already
defined in yyyy" and "symbol xxxxx defined here (pointed to kconfig.lo,
because kconfig.lo is first in module list).

What is that??

FreeBSD 3.2-stable, KDE-1.1.1, Qt-1.42, old gcc 2.7.2.1, new gcc 2.95.1

Hope to your help.

   With Best Regards.
   Rashid N. Achilov (RNA1-RIPE), Cert. ID: 28514, Granch Ltd. lead engineer
   e-mail: achilov@granch.ru, tel (383-2) 24-2363