List:       kde
Subject:    Re: KDE / Redhat 6.0 Segmentation Failures
From:       Jeff Walker <jeff () gus ! im ! wfubmc ! edu>
Date:       1999-08-27 12:49:15

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Richard T.Waters wrote:
> > I might be losing my mind but I'm now 3 for 3 with segmentation failures after
> > compiling KDE applications.  First Kpackage, then Kruiser, now Kbiff.
> >
> > Each time I downloaded the tarballs, successfully executed the makefile, but
> > whenever I startup the app I get a segmenation failure.  Is there a
> > problem/option/conspiracy regarding redhat that I need to know about?
>
> RedHat does not support KDE very well :-]
>
> Did you get any warnings during compilation?

I am having the exact same problem on my Redhat 6.0 system. Actually, I
got kde to work only once, but after doing a cvs update, it just
segfaults. Subsequently, I have completely deleted all the sources (even
qt and mico), downloaded them again, recompiled, and still nothing but
segfaults. This may or may not matter, but one other thing I have noticed
is that, if I move my sources to a different different directory, kde
still insists that it should be able to find qt in the old location, even
after changing the qt environment variables and using --with-qt-dir on the
configure command line to point it to the new directory!

Jeff