List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Monitor resolution, wine, kde (and xfree)
From:       wsuetholz () centonline ! com
Date:       1999-08-23 14:04:39

It's been awhile..  Basically, you need to start the X server twice.
there is a parameter in XFree86 -vt which gives the Virtual Terminal
to start on.  Instead of the default find first available.  I use that
option to always have X start on VT 8.  By using that and the screen number
argument you can start two X servers.

$ X :0 &
$ X :1 &

The above will start an X server as server 0, and then start an X server as
server 1.  So your display environment variable would be something like
this.  DISPLAY=unix:0 for server 0 and DISPLAY=unix:1 for server 1.

Hope this helps.

Bill Suetholz