List:       kde
Subject:    Re: re-sizing application windows
From:       Ian Zepp <icszepp () islc ! net>
Date:       1999-08-19 17:27:02

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Christopher D. Reimer wrote:
>Virtual screens is one solution... but *personally* (no offense intended) I
>would really like see these windows resized to accomodate a 640x480 display
>without running virtual windows.  I got a one of those old 14" vga monitors
>that can only do 640x480@60Hz on my server that I occasionally use when
>telnetting from a windows box is not practical.  Having the windows
>accomodate a 640x480 display means that all the information is visible at
>once on those rare occasions that I do run the x-server and KDE.  If the
>current version (1.1.1) does not accomodate this feature, will the next
>version (2.x) be able to do this?

On that topic I bsolutely aggree with you. I dropped down into 640x mode the
other day and was amazed at the number of KDE apps that threw a fit about being
in 640x. The Control panel, the menu editor, are two off the top of my head
that do not like being that size at all.

I think that the KDE team (hint hint) should take special care to make sure
that all their stuff fits confortably in that resolution.

Regars

Ian

--
Ian Zepp