List:       kde
Subject:    Re: pentium II optimizations
From:       Henry Stern <stern () cs ! dal ! ca>
Date:       1999-08-04 19:11:28

Robert,
The most commonly used C++ compiler is egcs, try c++ --version or g++
--version, you'll see.  It makes way faster code than pgcc.  In fact, at -O2 it
beats pgcc's -O4.  You probably have optimized binaries, but if you want to,
you can recompile everything from scratch and it will go much faster.

Henry Stern