List:       kde
Subject:    Re: koffice help
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-07-26 11:02:28

Jeremy Blosser wrote:

> Albert Wagner [alwagner@tcac.net] wrote:
> > Jeremy Blosser wrote:
> > > Qt2 will not work with KDE 1.1.1.  If you replace Qt1.44 with Qt2, KDE
> > > 1.1.1 will stop working.
> > >
> > > Also, at the moment KOffice probably does not compile, as Reggie and Torben
> > > are working on a BIG HACK(tm).  It should be done soon.
> >
> > Thanks, Jeremy.  I'll wait.  Just curious, though, how are the
> > developers configured? Two OSs?
>
> Two separate KDE/Qt installs are possible, each just has to know where to
> find the right libs, etc.

Easiest is to set up two user-accounts each with a different set of Qt/KDE
configured. You need to set KDEDIR/QTDIR appropriate and make sure that these
settings are adopted in your PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH settings. (Did I forget
anything?)

Cheers,
Waldo
--
The "gui" in "Penguin" is pronounced "K-D-E"