List:       kde
Subject:    kdat on Solaris
From:       Dirk Muders <dmuders () as ! arizona ! edu>
Date:       1999-07-20 17:06:57

I tried to compile kdat under Solaris 2.6 but it failed because of some
struct in mtio.h that did not have the expected member (mt_gstat). I tried
to use mt_dsreg but I don't know which bits indicate that a tape is loaded
etc. I also had to add the GMT_ONLINE and GMT_EOF functions which implement
a given bit pattern (which is probably wrong). Has anybody gotten kdat to
work on Solaris with a SCSI DAT drive ?

Dirk

Dirk Muders
Staff Astronomer