List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Is everything in KFM a URL?
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-07-19 11:24:38

Albert Wagner wrote:

> Yes.  And these variations are all utilized by the user in a
> URL.kdelnk.  I think you break the metaphor of the interface by
> coloring/underlining EVERYTHING, simply because of the underlying
> implementtation.  Sure, it's great on a web page and on local html
> pages.  But it's simply wrong when the page is supposed to be
> displaying files and folders as a file manager.  These pages are
> dynamically created to reflect the current state of a file system.
>
> Sorry if the word  "ignorant" was taken badly.  That was not my intent.

If your original mail had been a bit more polite I would have
mentioned that this has indeed changed in KDE 2.0. Apart from that
I don't see any difference between a local and a remote file.
Perhaps your view of a file-manager is too limited.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
The "gui" in "Penguin" is pronounced "K-D-E"