List:       kde
Subject:    Re: RedHat and KDE
From:       "Ahsan Ali" <indyglo () iname ! com>
Date:       1999-07-14 16:53:05

-----Original Message-----
From: George Hademenos <gpete@ev1.net>
Date: Saturday, July 10, 1999 10:20 PM
Subject: RedHat and KDE

>There has been a serious report that RedHat took some money from Intel
>and secretly gave it to Hewlitt Packard to get special printer drivers
>written for RedHat......this is a serious breach of GNU sharing
>principles....now there are discussions underway to consider removing
>RedHat from the community.  I think RedHat may release this printer code
>to all distributors but I am not sure.....so if any one wishes to
>comment more about taking GNU and KDE priveleges away from
>RedHat....this forum is open.

An old wives style tale, gossiping about neighbours who just moved in and
"are just too rich". Or something to that effect...

Stop bashing RedHat! They did push GNOME a lot, but this proprietary printer
driver story makes no sense. Where would they use them? With what?

Think it through before posting it here!

-Ahsan