List:       kde
Subject:    KDE --> KDE-LOOK
From:       Peter Penz <peter.penz () jk ! uni-linz ! ac ! at>
Date:       1999-07-07 9:53:47

Hi!

Torsten Rahn is right: we should move to the kde-look mailinglist, with
the discussions "KDE - OK", "Mac-Menubar", "..." - so I posted following
mail to the kde-look mailinglist:
Bye, Peter

> > I'd love some more feedback on that 'menu-color-idea'
>
> This has generally been a slow list.  I would suggest posting to the general
> list to get more responses.
PLEASE DON'T POST TO THE GENERAL LIST! We made already a mistake and are
currently discussing about "one-click" or "two-click", about the
"mac-menubar" and new "KDE-GUI-Standards". There were many responses,
but the maintainers of the kde-list said, we should change to
kde-look...

So I'll give a short summary of the current discussions:
KDE-GUI-Standards
=================
Markus Holzem currently tries to summarize all KDE-standards. The reason
is, that many of the KDE-applications don't use the standards, which
isn't in the spirit of KDE. We discussed to give a KDE-compliance-logo,
but until we can do that, we need consistent standards. So we'll try to
collect them and rework them, if there are some inconsistences. We need
YOUR input, what you want. We'll post this summarize, but first there's
much work to do... Stay tuned :-)

"One-Click", "Two-Click"
========================
The KDE currently goes for one-click (kfm, ...). There's no discussion
to use a "two-click" in the browser, or the help-system, but many users
have problems to mark icons in the kfm. How can we solve this? Use a
two-click? ...

"Mac-Menubar"
Many people where confused, when seeing a KDE-2.0-preview-screenshot and
there was a mac-like-menubar. For those who don't know: you can turn to
a mac-like-menubar already with the current KDE-version!

Ok, hope there will be a big discussion in this list :-)
Bye
Peter