List:       kde
Subject:    Re: A couple of kde-related problems
From:       Jim Howarth <jhowarth () multiboard ! com>
Date:       1999-07-07 1:24:08

Oh for crying out loud.  Will you two give it up...  If you want to use
RPM's go for it...  Don't bug those of us who like to tweak our systems to
our hardware and our needs.  Use whatever works for you.  Personally, I
like the idea of a package that would just install the binaries on my
system so I don't have to spend 3 hours compiling the whole KDE system.
But RPM just doesn't do it for me.  I dunno maybe it has to do with the
fact that it made all of my directories r--r--r--  whenever I ran it.  I
followed the instructions to the letter but alas...  it buggered things
up.  I'm sure it works wonderfully under RedHat.  But who cares..  why
waste bandwidth... with childish bickering.

Jim