List:       kde
Subject:    RE: New KDE2.0 widget theme preview screenshot
From:       "Santiago Burbano" <santib () mtservicios ! com>
Date:       1999-07-05 15:30:32

> If you are intrested you can see an obscenely large (1152x768) and
> unabashedly ugly screenshot of my development desktop at:
>
> http://www.jorsm.com/~mosfet/desktop.gif

Hi,

I've visited this screenshot and it looks nice. There's just one thing that
bothers me.

Is this menu bar on top of the root window (a la MacOS, I would say) a
feature of KDE 2.0 or is just that the window in the screenshot is
maximized?

IMHO, this is not a good feature to include. Desktop and application windows
are two completely different things and they shouldn't be mixed this way.

Also, it makes more difficult to use the system. Right now, if I want to use
a menu option I just click on the menu bar and it drops down (activating the
window if it wasn't already). With this menu bar on top, I would click on
the window to activate it(and get the menu changed) and then, move the
pointer up to the menu bar and press the option to get it dropped down. No
comments...

Santiago