List:       kde
Subject:    Re: A couple of kde-related problems
From:       dep <dep () westnet ! com>
Date:       1999-07-04 16:11:43

On Sun, 04 Jul 1999, Patrick O'Neil wrote:

|Boy, talk about an axe to grind.  Redhat is doing exactly the opposite
|of your desire.  They are gaining market share in a BIG way.  That is
|not to say I care, I tried Caldera's Openlinux 2.2 before going back
|to RedHat - it simply would not install (Caldera) on my system and
|limited my choices during the install.

if you used the lizard install instead if lisa, yes, it would. but to
know this you would have had to read the docs. as to what red hat is
up to, the crap thrown into ipo documents do not the truth make.

| Linux is linux.

well, see, it ought to be, but red hat is trying to end this by
paying people to say that their software/hardware is for "red hat"
linux. again, it is either the truth -- in which case linux is *not*
linux -- or it is a lie, in which case red hat is trying to impart
the impression that linux is not linux. so your choices are red hat
attempting to hijack linux, or red hat committing tacit fraud. take
your pick.

--
                2000 is a number that breaks computers.