List:       kde
Subject:    ANNOUNCE: khexedit 0.8.0 is ready for download
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       1999-07-02 19:52:41

This is the first release I give a version number. I think it begins to
reach an acceptable state. Due to a horrible summer weather in Norway the last
week, I have been able to  get a number of things done:

1) Various small (most optical) fixes.

2) I have played with drag and drop and implemented something similar to the one
in kpaint (drag a document to a new instance on khexedit) Can be useful.

3) A Binary Filter dialog. Select data and apply a filter (AND OR, XOR and
inverting) to the data.

4) String Extractor dialog. Works like the command line tool
"strings" (but better). Scans the document and puts the strings in a list (with
filtering). Once you select an item in the list, the cursor jumps to the
position in the file and highlights the string.

5) Documentation. At least I have started on it.

6) I have finally tested that it installs (nice if someone could verify this)

7) Works with Qt-1.42 (KDE-1.1) and Qt-1.44 (KDE 1.1.1). Will start on the Qt-2
quite soon.

8) In case you notice. The header string in the "About" dialog might be ugly
(depending on screen resolution?) I will make a pixmap for that.

It its all on http://home.sol.no/~espensa/khexedit/
along with some new screenshots.

--
Espen Sand, Research Scientist