List:       kde
Subject:    Re: OH DEAR GOD!
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       1999-06-18 1:13:01

dep wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Jim Howarth wrote:
> |I installed KDE 1.1.1 and Samegame isn't showing me any balls..  I can't
> |live without this game.. help! =)
>
> this means that you do not have gifs enabled. it is nonsense, but it
> is linux politics.

Actually, it is Unisys politics.  Their lawyers have been pursuing people
whom they believe to be violating their LZW compression patent quite
vigorously.

Sure one can debate the merits of software patents.  But the reality is,
they do exist, and they are enforced, so . . . re-enable GIF support if you
need to use it.

Regards,

Andreas Pour