List:       kde
Subject:    Re: GIMP-Problem
From:       "Brandon K. Matthews" <bmatt () devils ! eng ! fsu ! edu>
Date:       1999-05-05 19:47:48

On Wed, 5 May 1999, Markus Weimer wrote:

]I=B4ve got a (small) problem when using gimp with kde:

]How do I prevent kfm from loading a new instance of gimp for every file?
]Staroffice behaves the way I like: It loads  the clicked file into the run=
ning
]program.

]Markus

I suggested something along the same lines as a "feature" addition for
some KDE apps... The fact that this happens isn't a KDE issue, however...

Basically, it's a deficiency (?) within GIMP. For this to happen, the
"new" gimp would have to look for an "old" gimp and tell it to open the
new file. (Classic IPC implement :-) Gimp doesn't do this, and there's not
way to make it, without rewriting some source.

Of course, that's the power of Open Source, so if you really want that, go
for it ;-)

Ciao,
BKM

  This is a job for BOB VIOLENCE and SCUM,    |  Brandon Matthews - SysAdmi=
   the INCREDIBLY STUPID MUTANT DOG!!!        |  <bmatt@devils.eng.fsu.edu>
         -- Bob Violence                      |        (850) 410-6415