List:       kde
Subject:    KDE & umount disagree with new kernel
From:       Andre Masella <amasella () netscape ! net>
Date:       1999-04-30 7:02:57

I recently upgraded my Linux Kernel to 2.2.4. It compiled and installed n=
icely
but it created several problems. I use xfstt to get pretty much all of my=

fonts, and it won't load when my system is in X only mode, and then X ref=
uses
to start. I trided putting it in my rc.inet2 and rc.M but it still won't
start. Where do I have to put it? Also, if I get installed on a text term=
inal,
when I logout of KDE (especailly when KDM is active) it dies then. And xf=
stt
work fine before! Also, when I shutdown my system, it says that it is
unmounting filesystems, it says that the root filesystem is busy and it c=
annot
unmount it. When Linux restarts, I then have to wait as it fsck's my FS a=
nd it
always finds an error in the same inode. I even upgraded my version of
(u)mount!

- Andre Masella (amasella@netscape.net)