List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Compiling question
From:       Adolf Koenig <rzuw001 () rz ! uni-wuerzburg ! de>
Date:       1999-04-29 10:50:00

Kevin Paul wrote

> Hoping for some help here.  I'm most certainly not a programmer and by and
> large must rely on RPMS.  Nonetheless I'm trying to compile kexplorer, but
> configure complains:
>
> checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X
> includes. Please check your installation and add the correct paths!
>
> I tried adding /usr/X11/includes to the PATH but to no avail.  Can some
> kind soul help me?
>
> TIA,
> Kevin Paul

If you are compiling a kde 1.1.1pre part the error may be in the configure script.

To properly find the x-includes and x-libraries during configure you should

1) correct the configurescript (search for 'checking for X' , shortly after that line
add the following lines which are marked  +  ) :

   [# One or both of the vars are not set, and there is no cached value.
   if test "{$x_includes+set}" = set || test "$x_includes" = NONE; then
     ac_x_includes=NO
 +  else
 +  ac_x_includes=$x_includes
   fi
   if test "{$x_libraries+set}" = set || test "$x_libraries" = NONE; then
      ac_x_libraries=NO
 +    else
 +    ac_x_libraries=$x_libraries
   fi

2) add
   --x-includes=DIR  --x-libraries=DIR
 to the configure-call,

 This bug is only in 1.1.1pre-Version configurescripts.

 A.Koenig