List:       kde
Subject:    Re: PC - to - UNIX Connectivity
From:       "Brandon K. Matthews" <bmatt () devils ! eng ! fsu ! edu>
Date:       1999-04-05 14:35:22

On Mon, 5 Apr 1999 jgiang_at_hyb__milf@cliff.hybridon.com wrote:

]     did anyone know how I can setup my redhat 5.2 as a gateway server, and
]     let the second computer running win98 to connect to redhat and using
]     redhat gateway server hard drive, and so on...
]
]     thank
]     James

I assume the redhat machine will act as a fileserver? My solution is
samba. Download the latest version (http://www.samba.org) and install
it... it somes with a spiffy configuration tool that really makes it a
no-brainer to work with. Then you can access the redhat machine via the
"Network Neighborhood".

If you're talking about gatewaying in terms of IP, there are numerous faqs
available. Just RTM, my friend :-)

Ciao,
BKM

  This is a job for BOB VIOLENCE and SCUM,    |  Brandon Matthews - SysAdmin
   the INCREDIBLY STUPID MUTANT DOG!!!        |  <bmatt@devils.eng.fsu.edu>
         -- Bob Violence                      |        (850) 410-6415