List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Mouse Cut and Paste in KDE 1.1?
From:       Dave Nash <dave () gnasher ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-03-31 22:16:31

Jason Eaton wrote:

> KDE for Dummies 101
>
> Sigh ... I can't figure out how to use the mouse for cut and paste
> operations,
> from window to window. I am using a 2 button MS com mouse. Which is not
> emulating
> three buttons.
>
> How do I cut and past? Do I need to emulate 3 buttons? If so is there a
> way to
> change my mouse config with a KDE tool?

You do need to emulate 3 buttons.  The standard X way of copying and pasting (not \
cutting) is to drag with the left button to highlight, then a middle buttonclick \
pastes.  This works virtually normally throughout KDE although a few apps try to \
implement their own (with mixed, generally poor, results).

I don't need to emulate myself since my wheelie mouse counts as a 3-button but try \
adding "Emulate3Buttons" to the "pointer" section of /etc/XF86Config (some \
distributions put it elsewhere).

Dave