List:       kde
Subject:    Re: KDM Locks up
From:       "Brandon K. Matthews" <bmatt () devils ! eng ! fsu ! edu>
Date:       1999-03-19 1:05:11

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Joe Feenin wrote:

]Hello All,
<snip>
]beautiful GUI login.  Impressive, way prettier than xdm.  Anyway logging in
]works fine but when I attempt to log out the system freezes.  Solid, no
]keyboard activity, no mouse, notta.  So I ran kdm_off and tried again with xdm.
] Worked fine both logging in and out.  Tried kdm_on again and lot locks solid.
]Does anyone have a solution for this?
]
]Joe

Instead of running kdm upon startup, try running it from the command
line... See if there's any output. Also, when it locks, can you switch
virtual terminals? If so, check and see if kdm or your X server has died.

Keep us posted :-) I'm curious as to why this is happening

Ciao,
BKM

   ... and on the seventh day,         |  Brandon Matthews - SysAdmin
      He exited from append mode...    |  <bmatt@devils.eng.fsu.edu>