List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Problems installing KDE with rpm on RH5.2
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () sh ! cvut ! cz>
Date:       1999-03-17 10:33:46

On St, 17 bøezen 1999, Pieter Claassen wrote :
>I am having trouble with installing the KDE 1.05 on RH 5.2. When I get to
>install the kdebase.rpm, it tells me it needs the ncurses library. I did
>download it, tested ncurses and installed it, yet the rpm installer still
>complains that it cannot find libncurses.so.3.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Pieter

 KDE 1.0 ( you meant KDE 1.0, not KDE 1.05, right ? ) requires ncurses3. You
need to install ncurses3 ( ncurses3-1.9.9e-7.i386.rpm or something like that ).
I guess you've installed only ncurses v4 ( ncurses-4.12-10.i386.rpm ). Anyway,
a better solution would be upgrade to KDE 1.1 ( it's of course better than
v1.0 and doesn't require ncurses3 ).

 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak@email.cz