List:       kde
Subject:    RE: StarOffice start up times (KDE)
From:       "=?iso-8859-1?B?QmVub+50?=" <bminisini () imedia ! fr>
Date:       1999-03-04 9:16:19

The update time feature is a POSIX requirement.

I couldn't find any reason not to use 'noatime' for a personal use of Linux.
Everything seems right... But tell me if there are system utilities that
rely
on update times to work !

Of course, it's quite different for a server in a network environnment : for
security reasons, it's very useful to know the date of the last access to a
file !

Benoît Minisini
mailto:bminisini@imedia.fr