List:       kde
Subject:    Re: kget
From:       "Brandon K. Matthews" <bmatt () devils ! eng ! fsu ! edu>
Date:       1999-01-20 22:44:09

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999 jgiang_at_hyb__milf@cliff.hybridon.com wrote:

]     I compile the kget and install, but got know idea how it use.  I
]     went up to file->open tranfers type in the ftp.gis.net hit ok and
]     nothing happening.  How is use anyway, I look in to help and still
]     not a clue.
]
]     Thank You
]     James

KGet isn't so much meant to be an ftp client, but an ftp "helper". You
would (for say) use kfm to open ftp.gis.net and browse around. When you
find a file you want to download, you simply drag it over an drop it on
kget. This is most useful when you have bunches of files to download. You
can drop 18 files on kget, but it'll only transfer however many you
specify at a time.

Hope that helps.

Ciao,
BKM

 "When in doubt, parenthesize. At the very    |  Brandon Matthews - SysAdmin
  least, it will let some poor schmuck bounce |  <bmatt@devils.eng.fsu.edu>
  on the % key in vi." -- perlstyle(1)        |  (850) 487-6415