List:       kde
Subject:    Re: g++ -s doesn't work
From:       "Brandon K. Matthews" <bmatt () devils ! eng ! fsu ! edu>
Date:       1999-01-19 23:50:03

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Dave Robbins wrote:

]Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 15:24:06 +0000
]From: Dave Robbins <dmrobbin@mindspring.com>
]
]Hello
]
]I'm trying to compile KOffice from 990119
]System is Redhat so must compile from scratch
]KDE and QT are built from source
]kdesupport and kdelibs are from 990119
]When I went to compile kdelibs with --enable-new-stuff, gcc gives me the error
]
]pngr.cpp:221 warning: implicit declaration of function 'int png_set_IHDR(...)'
]make:  ***    [pngr.o]  Error 1
]
]So I went and looked at the imageio extension to QT (I'm using 1.42)
]I get a similar error when I try to compile the imageio extension
]
]qpngio.cpp:299: warning: implicit declaration of function 'int png_set_IHDR(...)'
]make:  ***    [qpngio.o]  Error 1
]
]I don't know how I got around this in the past, maybe I had installed older stuff \
before I upgraded QT to 1.42. ]I can't find any reference to this function, any \
ideas?? ]
]
]Thanks
]
]Dave

I had this same problem when attempting to compile gnome. It has to do
with your PNG headers. I can't remember the details, but in a nutshell, if
you up(down)grade your version of PNGLib, it'll work right.

Ciao,
BKM

 "When in doubt, parenthesize. At the very    |  Brandon Matthews - SysAdmin
  least, it will let some poor schmuck bounce |  <bmatt@devils.eng.fsu.edu>
  on the % key in vi." -- perlstyle(1)        |  (850) 487-6415