List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Question About Install KDE
From:       "Brandon K. Matthews" <bmatt () devils ! eng ! fsu ! edu>
Date:       1999-01-15 23:46:38

On Fri, 15 Jan 1999, Rodrigo Canete M. wrote:

]Hello, I speak spanish sorry for my english
]

That's okay; I work with guys from Panama ;-)

]I have a sparc machine  with Solaris 2.5
]I get the sources of KDE form generic directory, i uncompress and untar
]this files and run the configure
]i have installed CC 4.2 , i compiled KDE but the compiler send every
]errors.
]
]my questio is clear, Which compiler is recomended for compile KDE???
]
]Thanx
]--------------------
]Rodrigo Canete M.
]GETS S.A.

I don't how how to install it, but either egcs or gcc is recommended.
Everyone from the Linux crowd uses one of the two, and it will compile
(just about) every time. I do believe you can install them on Sun machines
(any of you Solaris peeps care to respond?)

Ciao,
BKM

 "When in doubt, parenthesize. At the very    |  Brandon Matthews - SysAdmin
  least, it will let some poor schmuck bounce |  <bmatt@devils.eng.fsu.edu>
  on the % key in vi." -- perlstyle(1)        |  (850) 487-6415