List:       kde
Subject:    Re: kfm
From:       Gralem <gralem () yahoo ! com>
Date:       1998-12-19 1:44:52

I don't remember the specifics, but this was a problem with kfm
revisions under 1.95 or so (goto Help --> About KFM to find your
revision).  The latest revision is past 1.137.  Since about the time
of 1.95, KFM opens properly to $HOME.  Getting a  newer source (either
a kdebase snapshot from December 98 at ftp.kde.org or from the CVS)
and compiling it yourself SHOULD help.

You should be able to make a kfm.kdelnk file that executes "kfmclient
folder %u file:$HOME" to start it in YOUR home instead of Root's home
(but I don't remember if this solution even worked on older versions).

---gralem

If you have a more recent version, email me directly for additional
help.

---Alain Muls <Alain.Muls@asge.rma.ac.be> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How come that kfm always starts up wanting to display the /root dir,
allthoug I
> am not logged in as root? Where I can change this behavior?
>
> Thanks
>  --
> Alain,

> Alain Muls                                          tel
+32/2/737.63.40
> Royal Military Academy                         fax +32/2/737.62.12
ASGE
Alain.Muls@asge.rma.ac.be
> B-1000 Brussels BELGIUM                   ICBM 50d50,6669'N
4d23.5299'E

http://www.asge.rma.ac.be

POSTING