List:       kde
Subject:    Wiping Windoze off hd (was: Re: Fwd: QPL and peace in our beloved Linux community)
From:       David Klemm <klemm () abacus ! at>
Date:       1998-11-20 17:56:44

Quoting Bavo De Ridder (bavo@ace.ulyssis.student.kuleuven.ac.be):

> >>some good comments from Matthias

> >Well, I am a user (from KDE point of view:)  and a potentional translator
> >to Hebrew, once QT 2.0 will support it.
> >What really puzzles me, is that having released several whitepapers on the
> >issue
> >of QT, redhat have not said a word about the latest developments.
> >I would really like to hear from them on this issue now.
> >I bought an official version of RH 5.0, then ugpraded from CheapBytes to
> >5.1,
> >but unless they change their attitude, my next upgrade will be Mandrake.

> My opinion to. I am going to install RedHat 5.2 tomorrow. I am already thinking
> of  several ways of avoiding reinstalling KDE 1.0. My current system is RH 5.0
> and highly adapted, so I expect a regular upgrade won't work. I just wiped
> Win98 of my disk, which gives a few gigs too work with. BTW: Win98 won't
> return. IMHO the KDE finally (already after a good year and a halve !!!!!!) has
> reached the point where I feel confident enough to throw Win98 away.

Actually this is true for me also. When KDE stabelized i reached the point
where i no longer needed Windows. Everything which wasnt there for Linux now
is for Linux/Kde. Do other feel like this? How many of you have wiped evil
empire's crap after installing 1.0?

> If RedHat won't distribute KDE 1.1 or 2.0 with their next release, I will
> install from Mandrake for sure.

If everybody does that Red Hat will shure change the policy.

cu David
--
David Klemm / Vienna Austria
KDE V1 - Designed for Linux 98 / see http://www.kde.org