List:       kde
Subject:    kde fud on linuxworld
From:       Navindra Umanee <navindra () cs ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       1998-11-08 19:20:03

Montreal Sun Nov  8 14:16:15 1998

http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/lw-1998-11/lw-11-skinny.html
-------------------
KDE abandonment countdown, Part 1

Another item percolating in Atlanta was about KDE. Since Red Hat has
dropped it and Debian never had it, word is that SuSE and Caldera are
growing really tired of all those nasty e-mails and derisive "Still
selling KDE?" comments from the community. I'll proffer a prediction,
namely that KDE won't be present on a distribution within two releases
for these two remaining KDE stalwarts.

I think scoop and lweditors @ linuxworld.com should realise that FUD
can also be a source of nasty and derisive emails.  I pointed out my
displeasure at the "Part 1" implications and suggested their support
for Harmony (which seems to be coming along quite nicely).

Navin