List:       kde
Subject:    Re: ANNOUNCE: KUT! - The Video Editing Tool for KDE
From:       Wouter Hanegraaff <hanegraa () wins ! uva ! nl>
Date:       1998-09-24 21:12:40

Dear Michael,

Are you sure you want to call that easy-to-use tool KUT? The dutch
noun kut means cunt in English. Are you aware of that?

I don't know if you would mind telling your friends you are using cunt for
editing your home video's, but I think (at least some) dutch people wouldn't
like recommending KUT to their friends because of the meaning of that word.

Although it may be difficult make up names for programs
when all possible meanings of that names in all languages have to be
considered before deciding if they can be used, use of the name KUT
implies impopularity among Dutch KDE-users.

Wouter Hanegraaff
---
Welcome to the information superhighway.

mailto:hanegraa@wins.uva.nl

Icq # 2058156