List:       kde
Subject:    New User = Problem
From:       "Gregor B. Rosenauer" <mcrosso () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       1998-08-30 20:25:45

Hi,

This one is a problem that I have for some time now,
maybe it has been solved already and I haven't heard it...

I cannot get KDE (KFM) to create a Desktop for a new user.
It seems to create a wrong (illegal) path -> copy returns
an error -> KFM fails:

My output (for user 'rosso'):

--->8---
cp: cannot create regular file `/home/rosso/Desktop/Trash//.directory': No such
file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file `/home/rosso/Desktop/Templates//.directory': No s
uch file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file `/home/rosso/Desktop/Autostart//.directory': No s
uch file or directory
cp: copying multiple files, but last argument (/home/rosso/Desktop/Templates/) i
s not a directory
Try `cp --help' for more information.
Could not read '/tmp/kfm-cache-500/index.txt'

INTERNER FEHLER: desktopDir ist fehlerhaft.
--->8---

KFM opens windows that tell me which directories are being created, and
after the last one ("Templates") it says "Directory 'Autostart' does not exist).

I am using KDE 1.0 (binary-RPM for i386) on SuSE-Linux 5.1 / Kernel 2.0.34.

Please help me because I currently have to be ROOT all the time (!)...

Regards,
Gregor aka Rosso <- maybe KDE does not like the name ?? ;)
---
Gregor B. Rosenauer
Vienna, Austria
E-Mail: mcrosso@bigfoot.com
   WWW: http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9425635/

* All I want is a warm bed and a kind word
  and unlimited power. (Ashleigh Brilliant) *