List:       kde
Subject:    RE: Binary RPM's for Alpha
From:       "Brian E.W. Wood" <beww () intac ! com>
Date:       1998-08-27 17:26:03

On 27-Aug-98 Steve Frampton wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I just visited ftp.kde.org and looked in the:
>
>   /kde/stable/1.0/contrib/distribution/rpm/RedHat-5.1/alpha/binary
>
> where I found absolutely nothing.  :-(
>
> Are there no binary rpm's for Alpha yet?

I have seen some around but they have problematical (at least for me). The
trouble is that you might get QT RPMs that were compiled with gcc and KDE RPMs
that were compiled with egcs and these are not compatible. Other similar
problems are possible as well.

I would really suggest compilinmg QT and KDE yourself.

---
Brian E.W. Wood  beww@intac.com