List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Why NT is better than KDE/UNIX
From:       Jason H <dkfalcon () pmtinet ! com>
Date:       1998-08-20 3:37:10

Prasanth Kumar wrote:

> I think streams are like resource forks on the Mac except
> you can have may of them to each file. You can package
> many files related to a application or document under one
> file. But I didn't know NT used it in place of dll though.
> I'm not sure how programs would share these "dll" now.
> --

  IMHO its bad design to integrate dll's into such a system, as it then almost
completely defeats the purpose of a dll (Dynamically Linked Library). If the apps
keep the dll's self-contained, then each app that uses one of these dll's would
have to have its own copy, thus wasting space on a load of redundant code. I'll
take Linux's dynamic libs over that bloat any day!

Jason H