List:       kde
Subject:    Re: VooDoo 2 Support
From:       mosfet <mosfet () jorsm ! com>
Date:       1998-08-12 19:42:01

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Jason Straight wrote:
>You will need a 2d card for sure.... Vodoo 2 should work... but I know my
>stingray 128 doesn't with vodoo rush, but only because of the card, not
>because of rush.
>

>Nazar wrote:
>
>>         Anybody have idea if I can use my VooDoo 2 3dfx  card,
>> in KDE? And do I need 2D card also.  If anyone knows even a bit
>> of it, please let me know at nazark@softhome.net
>> --

I have a Voodoo Rush card so I've been paying pretty close attention to Voodoo
stuff. The short answer is yes. If you are displaying X at all you have a 2D
chipset built into your card (most likely an AT25 or AT3D). So you can run KDE
with no problem. Not only that, but you should be able to run accelerated
Mesa/OpenGL too. Look for beta/alpha Voodoo2 drivers at
http://glide.xxedgexx.com/status.html.