List:       kde
Subject:    Re: startkde
From:       Jo Whitby <bigtoe () blim ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1998-07-19 17:07:03

On Sun, Jul 19, 1998 at 11:02:47PM +0800, Vidyasagar Govind wrote:
> I removed the 7 packages, including the ones you have listed below,and
> re-installed them in the order of your list and the startkde file is there
> now!But when I try "startkde" I get several messages that various programs
> like kcontrol/kwmsound/kwm/etc cannot connect to the Xserver.I guess I'll
> have to do something to the xinitrc file to solve these problems.
> Many thanks for your helpful suggestions.

If you are typing "startkde" at the command line, this will not work, you
could try typing "startx /opt/kde/bin/startkde", if this works add startkde
to your .xinitrc or .xsession files whichever your system uses.

Hope this helps, but at the moment I don't have time to go into any detail,
sorry.

--
Regards Jo