List:       kde
Subject:    Re: V1.0 snubbery
From:       Matthias Hoelzer <hoelzer () physik ! uni-wuerzburg ! de>
Date:       1998-07-16 5:26:17

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Preston Brown wrote:

> While I agree that the current egcs/gcc situation is a bit strange, it is
> possible to build KDE if you know what you are doing.  I offer to provide
> RedHat RPMS for glibc (5.0/5.1) and libc5 (4.x).  Does the KDE core team
> care for this, or shouldn't I even bother?

Please, Preston, do it! Nobody ever intented not to have RedHat RPMS, it
is just that none of use could built them yet. The Debian, SuSE and delix
packages have been done by coolo (Debian maintainer for KDE), SuSE and
delix. So if you can provide good RH rpms, all would be happier.

Bye,
Matthias.

Matthias H"olzer                      | hoelzer@physik.uni-wuerzburg.de
Institut f"ur Theoretische Physik III |                 hoelzer@kde.org
Universit"at W"urzburg                |                 (0931) 888-5733