List:       kde
Subject:    Re: libkdecore.so.1: undefined symbol:
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () rikkus ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1998-07-14 13:49:31

On Mon, Jul 13, 1998 at 01:04:27PM -0400, Jeff Irvine wrote:
> The thing that gets me, though, is that it's not syntax errors that are
> happening.  Undefined symbols would seem to indicate that something's not
> being linked against a library properly (or that the library doesn't
> contain the required functions).  Incidentally, Qt 1.33 compiled with egcs
> 1.03 resulted in KDE complaining about missing symbols at runtime.  Qt 1.33
> compiled with gcc 2.7.2.3 caused no problems.

This is what I'm experiencing. qt-1.33 compiled with egcs+pgcc works with
KDE b4. Same qt with pre-1 and it fails.

Again, I have no errors compiling, it's just the link of the conftest proggy
in kdebase that fails. kdesupport compiles, links, installs, so there must be
an error in the way the conftest prog is compiled. looking at it, it's using
the same CFLAGS, so I'm not really sure why it won't link against kdecore.

Oh well, I think I'll download KDE 1.0 and try again.

Thanks for the replies folks
Rik