List:       kde
Subject:    Re: RH 5.1 and KDE/Qt
From:       Joel Becker <jlbec () ocala ! cs ! miami ! edu>
Date:       1998-06-29 17:33:18

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998, Zaheer Merali wrote:

> I kinda did the opposite, as its my workstation not a server, I wanted to
> play with egcs :)  Qt also built clean removing gcc :)

	Well, Qt's makefile setup doesn't seem to happy about recognizing
egcs, so I figured why to go the trouble :-)  I know g++ works.

> I got my SRC rpms from ftp.kde.org.  This was yesterday (sunday) at
> approximately 7pm BST (GMT+1) that I downloaded them from there.  from
> these I compiled and made the KDE intel binary rpm's.

	Regardless of the fact that I avoid SRPMS, there are no SRPMS,
RPMS, tgzs or anything on ftp.kde.org (as many people have remarked).
Since they have taken them off the site (they must have been there for you
to get them :), I wonder if they are fixing something.  I can wait.  My
regular box has Beta4, and this box will survive with FVWM2 until then.

Joel

--

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart;
 and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."

                                  jlbec@ocala.cs.miami.edu
                                  gr311@cleveland.freenet.edu
                                  http://ocala.cs.miami.edu/~jlbec