List:       kde
Subject:    Re: encapsulation of installed items
From:       Frugal <frugal () fysh ! org>
Date:       1998-06-10 10:13:50

David Jeske wrote:

> When the current KDE setup, if I install "FooApp" and it has three binaries,
> and then I later want to delete it.. which three binaries in
> $KDEDIR/bin.i386 do I need to delete? You better hope someone remembers..
>
> If you encapsulate the information into a single atomic 'application' then
> there is nothing to break, you just do:
>
> rm -rf /usr/local/who/the/heck/cares/where/i/put/it/FooApp.kapp

But surely if you take this to its logical conclusion you will need to
put everything which the app relies upon in the .kapp directory (or some
sub directory of it). What do you do about the libraries it depends
upon? Does this mean that if you do not have a copy of libXpm in your
/usr/lib directory you will have to have a copy in foo.kapp bar.kapp and
wibble.kapp just so that you can keep all of the files together?

--
Frugal                      + I would be infinitely more comfortable in
                            + your presence if you we treat gravity as