List:       kde
Subject:    Problem with Beta 4 install
From:       Duncan Hill <dhill () sunbeach ! net>
Date:       1998-05-30 17:18:34

Greetings.  I'm trying to install Beta 4 on my Linux box into
/usr/local/kde.  I've got the stuff from kdelibs and kdesupport to
install there, but for the life of me, I cannot get kdebase to install
in there, even if I use ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/kde.
It keeps installing its data to /opt/kde, which is on my small root
partition.

I know I can use a symlink to link /opt/kde to /usr/local/kde, but I'd
like to get it to install straight into /usr/local/kde..

I couldn't fin the answer in the install manual.. help! :)

--

Duncan Hill			Penn College Proud - www.pct.edu