List:       kde
Subject:    OFFTOPIC Ensoniq SoundScape problem
From:       Marcus Schmid <mschmid () bene ! baynet ! de>
Date:       1998-05-26 17:54:03

Hello!

Sorry for being offtopic, but I don't know whom else I could ask.
I got a Ensoniq SoundScape from a friend, but it won't work!

I compiled the kernel for the card (I/o 330, IRQ 7; WSS: 534, D1, I10),
and I downloaded the .co1 -file (the card's manufactured/distributed by
SPEA as V7 mediafx). Once it worked, but now it doesn't... I must init the
card twice (using insmod, rmmod, insmod) so that I can ssinit it; the
mixer works, but when I try to play digital music, a DMA timeout occurs.
When I init the card first, I get the following message:

Invalid WSS IRQ 10.
When I init it again, this eror message doesn't occur. I guess that't the
problem, but when I use IRQ 11, the card won't work either (same problem,
but now Invalid WSS IRQ11). I'm getting angry! Does anyone own this
soundcard and/or has managed to get it work under linux? I hope you can
help me!

Thank you (for your answers and for letting me use this mailingist),
Marcus Schmid