List:       kde
Subject:    Re: gcc binaries / startkde problems
From:       YAMAMOTO Taku <yamamoto () kamome ! or ! jp>
Date:       1998-05-25 14:25:05

Hello,Emyr-san

I have installed KDE successfully by following way as several kind
people advised me.

1.Install RedHat5.0 on your intel PC.
2.upgrade glibc-2.0.7-7.i386.rpm
          glibc-debug-2.0.7-7.i386.rpm
          glibc-devel-2.0.7-7.i386.rpm
          glibc-profile-2.0.7-7.i386.rpm
  from RedHat ftp site or its mirror sites

3.Install current qt-1.33-1rh5.i386.rpm (binary)
4.Modify /etc/profile and add .xinitrc contains startkde only.

I couldn't compile qt-1_33-1rh5_src.rpm after upgrade above glibc rpm
package.

Cheers...Taku