List:       kde
Subject:    Problems with subdirectory building
From:       tony () theasylum ! demon ! co ! uk (Tony Parsons)
Date:       1998-05-24 1:56:00

I've been playing around trying to run the configure scripts from
subdirectories so that I can do machine specific builds and keep the main
source tree clean. The problems is, there are various problems in some of
the packages which prevent me from compiling like this. Some problems in
the configure scripts, some in the source.

Most of these problems are related to things like the test which tries to
build a small kde applet which fails because the required header file is
in the rootdir. Or in kdeadmin when it needs the SUBDIRS file which is
also there and then has to be edited to get the paths right. Most of them
are silly little things which shouldn't be all that hard to fix (I'd have
thought).

PS, using an upto date snapshot from the CVS.

TonyP